Search Engine Optimization makes your site as search-engine-friendly as possible so that your site ranks on the first page of search results. It is important to be at the topmost ranks because it helps build your brand presence and credibility online, get enhanced traffic, and offer seamless user experience.
Here are some highly effective SEO tactics that cost you almost nothing and worth a try for getting optimized results.
- Provide enhance user experience: It is important for website owners to understand the importance of high-quality websites. Do you know that sites, where users spend more time on a page, are likely to be ranked by Google at higher ranks on the search engine result page? The bounce rate at your site needs to be really low to catch the attraction of the crawler forcefully. Ensure that your content has a super-easy flow that makes it easy to read and interpret. And, post high-quality content at all costs. Presentation is important but your expertise on the topic has to be outstanding too.
- Voice search is the next big thing: Voice-based eCommerce via Google is all set to touch the $40 billion mark by 2022. Almost half of all searches in the digital medium by next year will be voice-based. This data only means one thing – you need to optimize your site for voice searches. Since voice searches and text searches are intrinsically different, you need to work on your site to factor this feature.
- Optimize your site for local searches: Remember that almost half of the online audience uses Google to look for a local business. For small and medium-sized businesses, this is a feature that they should optimize for increasing business to their online and physical store. From completing Directory listings to having local landing pages to ensuring that your site is technically optimized for search engines, you need to work on a few factors for this.
- Technically, your site needs to be par excellence: When talking of optimizing your site for search engines, the technicalities need to be top-notch. Towards this end, ensure heightened security like HTTPS and SSL, mobile responsiveness, work on the structure and semantic mark-ups, 404 redirects, and many such essential parameters.
- Keywords are important but optimize for snippets: This is the latest on the Google algorithm. Snippets rank on the top on the search result page. Towards this end, focus not only on keywords but on the content specifically. You should know your target market and work on dividing the content into clusters.
- Strategize on using YouTube videos: The latest strategy is not only about creating videos but to use YouTube for the same. If you have a big audience on YouTube, you can straightaway sync it with your website; thereby enabling both the platforms to complement each other.
- Backlinks: Backlinks are considered to be the top three factors affecting your site ranking. Create good and credible quality content, promote them well, involve in guest blogging, and report broken links to build trustworthy backlinks.