SEO marketing is the cheapest to get found search engines. However, it has become increasingly difficult to get good rankings. That is why many people are turning to pay per click (PPC) advertising instead.
PPC is more of an advertisement where a search engine like google will charge you per click.
SEO marketing will take time but it’s worth it because you are receiving customers who are genuinely interested in your company and products, whereas with PPC there is no guarantee that they are or that they aren’t.
But what makes them different? Why would one company choose PPC over SEO?
There are many different reasons why companies choose one over the other, but there are some simple things that everyone should know about each of them.
Here is a list of what you need to know:
1. PPC ads show up instantly on search engines.
SEO can take time for your website to rank and receive visitors.
2. PPC costs more money than SEO.
If you can afford to wait and your company is willing to take the risk, then SEO is the more affordable option.
3. There is no guarantee with SEO that users will click on your listing. With PPC marketing, they will legitimately see your website on top of search and most likely click your ad over other websites.
4. You can’t control SEO ads like you can with PPC. If someone else outranks you for a keyword on search, then you will start losing your audience share because of lower page positioning.
5. PPC generally gets you more “buyer intent” customers than SEO marketing does because the majority of people clicking your ad understand they are clicking with an intention to buy.
6. When someone searches for something and clicks on a PPC ad, they will automatically be brought to the page url you entered in your ad (whether it’s relevant or not).
With SEO marketing, this won’t happen as often because the Google algoryhtym does a good job of showing the right page for those who actually searched for something related to there keyword.
Which marketing strategy is better?
After reading over the list, you may think that PPC is better than SEO; however, both of them are beneficial in their own different ways. You should use a combination of both if possible because they will help each other out. Educating yourself on both of them will help you see which one best fits your company and their needs.
If you are a local business looking for a reliable NYC SEO provider, feel free to contact us for pricing and strategy. Otherwise if you are national company looking for a professional digital marketing company, please contact us for additional details and free consultation.