If you’re a local business owner, then you know that in order to be successful, you need to be visible to your target customers. And one of the best ways to do that is through Local SEO Marketing.
Local SEO Marketing is the process of optimizing your website and online presence so that you can rank higher in local search results. When potential customers search for businesses like yours, they’ll be more likely to find you if your website is optimized for Local SEO.
Local seo can be a business trying to show on google for someone searching for NYC SEO. Or any other local business or service requiring a customer within “x” miles of the business
So how do you go about doing Local SEO Marketing? Here are a few tips:
1. Make sure your business is listed on Google Maps.
2. Claim your business listing on Google+ and fill out all the information accurately.
3. Optimize your website.
4. Optimize all of your social media sites.
5. Make sure that you have a local phone number listed on all your pages and social media sites so customers can contact you directly if they want to ask questions or make a purchase online right away.
6. Add geotags to the images on your website and social media sites.
7. Get reviews from your happy customers and post them on your website, Google+, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Yelp.
8. Add a local search function to your website so that potential customers can search for products or services in their area.
9. Create a video marketing strategy using online videos as a way to market your business.
10. Make sure that your website is mobile friendly so it can be seen as easily on a phone as it is on a computer screen.
11. Add social sharing buttons to the pages of your website that have content on them that people would want to share with their friends and followers.
12. Find and follow competitors in your industry so you can see how they’re marketing themselves and absorb their best practices.
13. Add a blog to your website, and update it frequently with fresh content that is related to your business and industry.
14. Track your Search Engine Optimization efforts using Google Analytics so you know which keywords are producing the best results.
15. Use Google Alerts to get real-time updates on what people are saying about your brand online so you can respond to comments or questions immediately and address any issues that could damage the reputation of your business.
16. Have a professional take high quality photos of your business’ employees, storefront, products and services so you can post them on your website, include them in press releases and share them on social media sites.
17. Make sure that all online directories list you correctly under your business name, categories and location so your business gets found by local customers.
18. Don’t spam people with promotional messages; instead, provide valuable content that potential customers will find interesting.
19. Post to your blog daily, and link back to your website from each post so people can navigate easily from your content to your website.
20. Put a widget on the homepage of your website that has a coupon code for potential customers, as well as a way for them to subscribe to an email marketing list so you can send them updates when you post new content.
So if you want more online visibility for your business, it’s time to start implementing these Local SEO Marketing tips into your digital marketing strategy immediately. Your customers are only a few clicks away!
For more information on how to market your business in today’s digital world, contact us today!